[OpenAFS] Sync server

Michael Robokoff mrobo@ahpcrc.org
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 06:53:24 -0500

We had 3 database servers and we wanted to upgrade them so we
purchased some new machines and built them up to match the
functionality of the existing ones. We now have 6 database servers
running. We are starting to change all the workstation CellServDB
files to use just the new database servers. The problem is the Sync
server is the old database server with the lowest IP address. When
I try certain commands I get the following error:

Could not get an Id for volume home.mrobo.testX
u: not synchronization site (should work on sync site)
Error in vos create command.
u: not synchronization site (should work on sync site)

So this is my question. Can I force one of the new database servers
to be a Sync server? That way we can continue to change the
CellServDB files on workstations and when that is complete
then I can remove the database functionality from the old
servers.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

--Mike