[OpenAFS] rpms on Red Hat 6.2 SMP systems

Daniel Blakeley daniel@ccmr.cornell.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:24:01 -0400

Hi,

We're having some trouble with the rpms for the 1.2.6 release for Red
Hat 6.2.  Using the smp kernel the afs module doesn't load.  The error
message is "/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.2.19-6.2.16.mp.o: unresolved
symbol tasklist_lock".  We've found that using the single processor
kernel module works fine and are using that until we resolve this
issue.  Is this a problem that will go away if we recompile from
source?

Thanks for your help,
- Daniel

--
Daniel Blakeley (N2YEN)     Cornell Center for Materials Research
daniel@ccmr.cornell.edu     302 Thurston Hall