[OpenAFS] rpms on Red Hat 6.2 SMP systems

Jamie Walker jj.walker@auckland.ac.nz
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 08:40:45 +1200

On Saturday, August 10, 2002, at 08:24 , Daniel Blakeley wrote:

> We're having some trouble with the rpms for the 1.2.6 release for Red
> Hat 6.2.  Using the smp kernel the afs module doesn't load.  The error
> message is "/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.2.19-6.2.16.mp.o: unresolved
> symbol tasklist_lock".  We've found that using the single processor
> kernel module works fine and are using that until we resolve this
> issue.  Is this a problem that will go away if we recompile from
> source?

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. I tried a make libafs_only in
the source tree; the resulting module had the same problem. Although in my
case it was the stock RH 6.2 kernel.

I'm running uniprocessor for the time being too.

--
Phone: +64-9-373-7599 x4679	Room: 2.315, School of Engineering
Email: jj.walker@auckland.ac.nz	ICQ: 5632563 (or shout loudly)