[OpenAFS] Windows port status?

Adrian Knoth adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:04:37 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:40:28PM +0200, Rubino Geiß wrote:

> Who else is interested in having a working (or even better performing)
> version of AFS client for future windows versions?

Me. Not to support Window, but for inhouse-compatibility.

Windows should die, but as long as it exists it is nice to have AFS there :)

> In my opinion AFS is the distributed file system of choice, because its
> stability and because it covers all major platforms.

Hmm, well, not really. We're integrating AFS and there are a lot of
difficulties with other UNIX-tools over the years. Main problem is
that AFS only supports ACLs on directories, not for single files.

This means you have to move some files to protection-directories and
doing some symlinks afterwards. Not a real problem, but ugly :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Lieber einen Platz an der Theke als keinen Platz an der Sonne