[OpenAFS] Solaris 8 client install with NFS

Martha.Cofran@cexp.com Martha.Cofran@cexp.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:07:11 -0600

I need to setup clients to access my cell on Solaris 8 running in 64 bit
mode and running nfsd.  The Quick Start Guide for Unix doesn't talk about
Solaris 8, but the instructions for Solaris 7 say to copy the library
libafs64.o (if you're running in 64 bit mode with nfsd running) to
/kernel/fs/sparcv9/afs.  However, the only versions in the OpenAFS 1.2.6
distribution are the nonfs versions, i.e. libafs64.nonfs.o and
libafs.nonfs.o.  Is something missing from the distribution or does this
mean I can't support both nfs and afs on my client machines?

Thanks for you help.