[OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs

Michael rmdf@stimble.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 07:13:56PM -0700, Michael Fairchild wrote:
>
>> When I type:  /usr/afs/bin/fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
>> i get:  Invalid Argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS
>
> Sure. This means that your AFS-setup isn't correct.
I know that.

>> and when i run /etc/init.d/afs start  it takes a long time and tells
>> me afsd:  All AFS daemons started
>> afsd:  Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
>
> This is the main error. Do you have correct (and I mean _really_
> correct) CellServDB and ThisCell-Files?
cat CellServDB yielsds: >pbpl   #Cell name
                        128.xx.xx.x    #corona

cat ThisCell yielsds: pbpl

(x's are numbers of course)  I think this is right, i mean really, I thought?
> The servers must be up and running,
corona# bos status corona
bos: no such entry (getting tickets)
bos: running unauthenticated
Instance kaserver, currently running normally.
Instance buserver, currently running normally.
Instance ptserver, currently running normally.
Instance vlserver, currently running normally.
Instance fs, currently running normally.
    Auxiliary status is: file server running.
Instance upserver, currently running normally.

how do i run authentiacated?  could this be the problem's source?

>the kernelmodule needs to be
> loaded.
It is
any other ideas?