[OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:10:32 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 07:13:56PM -0700, Michael Fairchild wrote:
> I am nearly ready to give up on this.  I am into my 4th attempt to get afs
> running, i've tried on a debian system and gentoo.  right now i am trying
> on a gentoo system (using the openafs quickstart docs), and have gotten to
> the step of configuring the top level filespace.
> When I type:  /usr/afs/bin/fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
> i get:  Invalid Argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS

If you did not start the client, /afs is nothing more than an ordinary
directory.

> and when i run /etc/init.d/afs start  it takes a long time and tells me
> afsd:  All AFS daemons started
> afsd:  Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
> error starting afs

Is there anything in the syslog?

> any ideas?  Could this have to do with my pam settings?  I have afs in
> pam.d/  with entry as suggested in openafs docs.thanks,

Have you got a valid /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB? It should be a copy of
/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/