[OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs

Matthew Glogowski matthewg@theworld.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:45:40 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 10:14 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs

> my problems were with /afs not having the correct file permissions in
> the  UNIX file system.  make sure /afs is mote 755 and owned by root.
I checked, and it is owned by root and is mode 755.

> i did find a problem with my setup under AIX with 1.2.6 and had to
> resort  to installing with 1.2.3.  once the first machine was =
installed
> i updated  to 1.2.6.
> under aix, the /vicepa partitions also apprears to be owned by sys
>
> drwxr-sr-x   3 sys      sys          512 Aug 14 11:55 vicepa/
Do I need to set /vicepa sticky bit?  I hope not.

under AIX the system has set the sticky bit. i installed under solaris 8 =
today, and the sticky bit is not set.

> make sure that you have a token for admin.
Do you mean the setup step where i did the ka stuff?

no i mean, "klog admin". page 66 of the quick beginnings guide. you need =
a token to perform actions on the afs file system. i assume you =
configured the afs client piece?  seems like your problem is with the =
afs startup script.  see what part of the init script is failing.  you =
could always run the init script with sh -x /etc/rc.afs or whatever the =
name is to see what's dying where...

ka> create admin
ka> setfields admin -flags admin

Thanks for the help,