[OpenAFS] Heimdal and openafs with Debian.

Daniel Swärd excds@kth.se
19 Aug 2002 16:27:55 +0200

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 16:16, Wolfgang Friebel wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2002, Daniel Swärd wrote:
>
> > I've created a Kerberos realm on one machine and I want to use another
> > one as the afs-server. I just can't figure out how to get a working
> > KeyFile to use.
> >
> > When I do: ktutil copy FILE:keytab.afs AFSKEYFILE:KeyFile
> > all I get is an empty KeyFile. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > I don't have any problems setting up openafs with MIT Kerberos5, but I
> > really should be using Heimdal... ;-)
> >

> If you like to follow my recipy, I have developed a script to configure
> the Heimdal K5 KDC, slave KDC's and clients. You might need to modify the
> generated /etc/krb5.conf (or its source in the script)

The script seems to want to import a user database from an existing
afs-server, which I don't have. And is it just me or does it require the
kaserver to be running? I want to use afs with Heimdals kdc only...

Btw, what is "ipropd" ?

	/Daniel