[OpenAFS] Heimdal and openafs with Debian.

Wolfgang Friebel friebel@ifh.de
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:53:54 +0200 (MEST)

On 19 Aug 2002, Daniel Swärd wrote:

> > If you like to follow my recipy, I have developed a script to configure
> > the Heimdal K5 KDC, slave KDC's and clients. You might need to modify the
> > generated /etc/krb5.conf (or its source in the script)
>
> The script seems to want to import a user database from an existing
> afs-server, which I don't have. And is it just me or does it require the
> kaserver to be running? I want to use afs with Heimdals kdc only...
>
> Btw, what is "ipropd" ?

If you do not have users in AFS yet, then you can leave out fetching the
DB and converting it. Deleting lines 189, 198, 199, 205 and 206 should do
the trick.
If you give more than one host on the command line then those additional
hosts will be configured as replica of the master KDC, one possibility to
keep their databases in sync is ipropd (see the Heimdal manual)

Wolfgang Friebel