[OpenAFS] Heimdal and openafs with Debian.

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
20 Aug 2002 11:46:54 +0200

    Wolfgang> If you like to follow my recipy, I have developed a
    Wolfgang> script to configure the Heimdal K5 KDC, slave KDC's and
    Wolfgang> clients. You might need to modify the generated
    Wolfgang> /etc/krb5.conf (or its source in the script)

    Wolfgang> [2. text/plain; heimdalsetup]...

I have a question (or two) about this script. It contains:

----- s n i p -----
if [[ ! -e kaserver.DB0 ]]; then
  echo "Fetching the AFS database from dbserver, please enter its host name:"
  read dbserver
  scp $dbserver:/usr/afs/db/kaserver.DB0 .
  if [[ ! -e /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile ]]; then
    echo "Fetching the AFS KeyFile from $dbserver"
    scp -p $dbserver:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile .
    mkdir /usr/afs/etc
    mv KeyFile /usr/afs/etc
  fi
fi

I've been trying to figure out how to move my AFS (db)server to another
machine(s). These files you're copying, can the safely be copied while
the AFS server(s) are running, or do I have to shut it/them down?

And is these files ALL there is? Anything else that have to be done
if/when a AFS server (the DB insance etc, not the file server) is moved
onto two new boxes?

--
nuclear counter-intelligence fissionable Semtex FBI domestic
disruption CIA [Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance]