[OpenAFS] Red Hat Linux beta kernel implements AFS?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:48:11 -0400 (EDT)

To clarify my own comments:

-My previous message represented my own opinion and not that of my
employers, the OpenAFS Elders or the OpenAFS gatekeepers. My foot isn't
big enough for more than one mouth.

-I'm not unhappy with this development particularly; I'm unhappy generally
that we seem to have a dearth of volunteer resources compared to the
amount of work that should be done, and that it seems wasteful to use
those resources to solve problems more than once, which isn't just an
issue with this, but more generally. It's actually very heartening to see
this sort of interest in AFS the protocol; I'm not wedded to this
implementation, but at many levels my life is very heavily invested in the
protocol. My own data, to the tune of .4tb, lives on an AFS server in my
house and is accessed from a variety of clients on multiple platforms.