[OpenAFS] Red Hat Linux beta kernel implements AFS?

Derrick J Brashear Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:55:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Rudolph T Maceyko wrote:

> --On Monday, August 19, 2002 16:16:52 -0400 Derrick J Brashear
> <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
>
> > http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/linux-2.4.18-afs.patch
>
> Perhaps this will be slightly off-topic, but I think it will be of
> interest to some folks.  I've taken a quick stab at using this AFS
> implementation, and have it half working.  There's really no
> documentation.

which makes it only slightly worse than us?

>I'll also bring this up on the limbo-list.

limbo-list?

> There are no userland utilities, so you'd still need vos, fs, etc. on a
> box using it.

fs not terribly useful since this doesn't have the pioctl interface. i'm
not sure what their intention is (all /proc stuff or some pioctl interface
or what)

> No references to *krb* anywhere.

no rxkad implementation included. not shocking as implementing rxkad just
by looking at other code is messy and there's no docs.