[OpenAFS] shared means one fs shared or many fs synchronized?

Emiliano Bruni bruni@micso.it
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:29:08 +0200

Maybe i misunderstand afs philosophy...I need to have two server A and B
with a fs shared, that is a fs where contents are duplicated, are the same
and stay in sync all over time. If one of servers, says A, goes down then B
must continue to work well using data in its fs shared. I like too that,
when A come back up, it should synchronized with contents changed in B to
return in sync too.

Does OpenASF do this?

I've configure two afs server in a cell (A and B. A has an ip lower then B)
and a shared fs between A and B and all works fine as long as A is up. If I
shutdown A then /afs in B is unaccessible. Is this a normal behaviour?

+      Dott. Bruni Emiliano - Graduated in Physics         +
+   Cisco Certificated Designer Associate                  +
+   Software developer & Network Administrator             +
+   Nick Handle: EB1346-RIPE  BE1484        ICQ: #16774468 +
+   E-Mail: bruni@micso.it                                 +
+   Web:    http://www.ebruni.it                           +