[OpenAFS] nitpicking (bos restart - restart all processes)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:57:41 -0400 (EDT)

On 22 Aug 2002, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>     Derrick> On 21 Aug 2002, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>     >> I'm trying to figure out why 'vos listaddrs' don't show my
>     >> SPARC's, only my real AFS server, so I did 'bos help'.
>
>     Derrick> there's probably a hole in the indexing, which trips up
>     Derrick> the patch in 1.2.6
>
> When thinking more about this, and fixing my client at home (the third
> sparc), and direct it to the two new SPARC's I have (ie, only the two
> SPARC's in the client CellServDB and rebooted), I still get only my
> live server.

How did you "fix it"? the correct "fix" is a patch to vos listaddrs, which
is in CVS.

> But the output is correct, the live server is the only one with volumes
> on! So how do my client know about the volume server without being told?

it (new fileserver) registered itself with the vlserver when started,
exactly as it should have.