[OpenAFS] nitpicking (bos restart - restart all processes)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
22 Aug 2002 09:14:33 +0200

    Turbo>  When thinking more about this, and fixing my client at home
    Turbo> (the third sparc), and direct it to the two new SPARC's I have
    Turbo> (ie, only the two SPARC's in the client CellServDB and
    Turbo> rebooted), I still get only my live server.

    Derrick> How did you "fix it"? the correct "fix" is a patch to vos
    Derrick> listaddrs, which is in CVS.

I meant "making sure it didn't know about the live server as it used to,
deinstalling the test AFS servers I had installed etc". Basically 'reinstalling'
all the AFS stuff on it.

Previously it was a AFS server so I could check to see what's to change when
I removed the AFS server stuff from it. That is, simulating a removal of
most AFS services on my live server...

    Turbo> But the output is correct, the live server is the only one with
    Turbo> volumes on! So how do my client know about the volume server
    Turbo> without being told?

    Derrick> it (new fileserver) registered itself with the vlserver
    Derrick> when started, exactly as it should have.

I have no new fileserver. Only the live one. It's on the 'Net, and the
new {pt,vl}servers is behind a firewall, where the 'Net can't touch them...
--
counter-intelligence tritium colonel nitrate Semtex toluene Nazi
munitions attack CIA Honduras subway assassination Iran Cocaine