[OpenAFS] 'replication'

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:02:07 +0100

Turbo,

You need to run the "vos release $name_of_RW_volume"
to update the ReadOnly replica volumes to be copies
of the current ReadWrite volume.

I use "vos release $name_of_RW_volume -verbose"
which gives a little more detail about the volume release process.

It's also possible to automate this via crontab.
I have an "every 10 minutes" crontab'ed script keeping
some key volume RO replicas up-to-date on our fileservers
(which are in different countries).
--
cheers
paul                          http://acm.org/~mpb