[OpenAFS] 'replication'

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:58:35 +0100

Rubino,

If you lost a RW volume then you can recover data from
the old RO copy of that RW.

You can create a new RW volume copy the contents
of the old RO volume to the new RW.

    vos dump volume.readonly -time 0 | vos restore newvolume

Then you can undo mountpoints and do some volume renaming
to "restore" your volume names and mountpoints.

See also:
http://www.mail-archive.com/info-afs@transarc.com/msg04144.html

I hope this helps.
--