[OpenAFS] "lost contact" after debian upgrade

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:49:00 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

> Ok, i tried an unpatched 2.4.20 kernel now, which works fine and a
> 2.4.20 kernel with the preemption patch (same config, except for the
> preemption stuff). The vanilla kernel exhibited no problems while the
> kernel with the preemption patch exhibited the mentioned problem right
> away.

if you're feeling experimental, remove the configure test for
linux/completion.h, reconfigure, rebuild and try the result. if it works,
we know it's the new scheduling combined with something about our use of
kernel_thread(). if not, we need a new idea.