[OpenAFS] strange error in directory / volume

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:43:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] Rubino Geiß wrote:

> I also proviede som salv-logs dont they contain useful information for
> experts?

telling us in what way something is broken isn't nearly as useful as
knowing what's needed to get it that way, because it means time which
could be spent fixing the problem is used probably several times over
trying to make the problem. this was the fun with the CopyOnWrite bug for
instance. i bet the amount of time combined spent by Srikanth and I on the
2 sets of fixes which made it go away and the testing which produced it
were about 1/200 of the work spent of trying to make the actual bug
happen.