[OpenAFS] official 1.2.7 srpm won't build on rh8 because of autoconf error

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:41:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Matt Cocker wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried to build the 1.2.7 rpms today on a RH8 box and i got autoconf
> errors when trying to build the krb src. Luckily I saved all the
> postings to the list and was able to search out the answer to my
> problem, namely that I needed to install autoconf-2.13 as well as the
> default autoconf-2.53 on RH8.
>
> Would save some users (like me) if the spec file required the package to
> build?

It would, if that were the intent: the idea was that you didn't need old
autoconf, and we may have fixed this already; Requiring an old version is
less optimal than just being able to use the new version.

Perchance are you able to try a 1.2.8 snapshot, run regen.sh at the top
level, and build?