[OpenAFS] official 1.2.7 srpm won't build on rh8 because of autoconf error

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:44:26 -0500 (EST)

On 3 Dec 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Yea, would be nice -- want to provide me a portable way to require it?
> Note that I use the same SPEC file for RH 6.2, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0,
> so any change you make needs to work across all of them (preferably
> with limited "per-version" configuration.
>
> Alternatively, you could supply a patch to the krb5 utilities so they
> work with autoconf-2.53.  This is a better long-term solution.

oh. duh. krb5 and autoconf 2.53. sorry, that's what i get for not reading
carefully. note that openafs itself *should* build with 2.13 or 2.5dx,
proving it is possible. Maybe after I eat I can get some time to look at
this; If someone else wants to do it, don't let me stop you