[OpenAFS] openafs-bind and bosserver installation errors

Michael A. Stone stonema@Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:48:21 -0600 (CST)

I'm still in the process of setting up a openafs server for a class
project and run into a couple of problems.
   1:  According to the documentation (the way I understand it) when the
bosserver is started the server is suppose to create these directories

	-/usr/afs/db
	-/usr/afs/etc
	-/usr/afs/local
	-/usr/afs/logs

and create the symbolic links ThisCell and CellServDB within /usr/vice/etc
which are linked to their /usr/afs/etc equivalents. Unfortunately though
when I start the bosserver it doesn't create the directories and symbolic
links. Is the bosserver suppose to create the directories or do I have to
create them?  (note: I'm using the rh8.0.2 src rpms)
Which brings me to another point...I'm not sure if anyone else has had
this problem, but when I try to run openafs-1.2.7-rh8.0.2.src.rpm before
running openafs-1.2.7-rh8.0.2.i386.rpm the source files will not install.
Are you suppose to run openafs-1.2.7-rh8.0.2.i386.rpm before running the
source rpm and if so why?

2: I've also run into another issue with openafs-bind.  Once I've started
the bosserver (not worrying about the cell links and directories because I
was clueless) I would immediately get the following error:

	bind: Address already in use rxi_GetUDPSocket: bind failed

What is causing this, why, and is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks

Michael
stonema@eng.auburn.edu