[OpenAFS] Heimdal, Openafs and Win2000

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:11:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Enrico Pelletta wrote:

> I have gotten a similar problem with Heimdal 0.5.1 and openAFS 1.2.7.
>
> No problems with linux, but the windows clients try to get the token
> afs@REALM instead of afs/cell@REALM and then fail.
>
> I sent a mail about the problem to the OpenAFS info mailing list without
> getting any answer.

There is no OpenAFS development issue here (yet), so I pruned that list.

I don't know what answer you expected. The OpenAFS windows release, as it
exists now, can't deal. You have these choices:

-copy afs/cell to afs in your kerberos database
-provide or get someone to provide a patch to afs
-use a klog replacement (which doesn't help with login dialog), which
presumably would be external to what's provided with afs.

I don't know how the Windows port works in this case, but I'll guess the
relevant code is somewhere in src/WINNT/afsd.