[OpenAFS] Status of global drives in windows version

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:06:58 -0500

At 05:50 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
>[...]
>    I have just one issue with afs mounted drives that I can't figure
> out.  Why
>    does the AFS client label them as "Disconnected Network Drive" under the
>    explorer interface?  That bugs me and my users.  I think it is a
> hold-over
>    from the migration of code from NT4.0 to Win2000.  In fact, Transarc
> never
>    officially supported Windows XP.  I don't remember the "Disconnected
>    Network Drive" problem under NT4.0.
>
>I've seen other problems with them, as well. Well, one other problem.
>
>I have "My Documents" redirected to the global drive Z. The latest
>Microsoft Media Player beta refuses to put anything in My Documents/My
>Music. I don't know what it doesn't like; it doesn't give an error
>message but silently fails to do anything.

We use redirected folders too.  I'm running Media Player "8.00.00.4477".  I
choose "Save As" and save things into "My Music" just fine.  You said you
were using a beta, so I wouldn't put much trust in it.  Most likely not AFS
problem, but who knows.

Rodney