[OpenAFS] Status of global drives in windows version

Lawrence Greenfield leg+@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:10:20 -0500

   From: Rodney M Dyer <rmdyer@uncc.edu>
   Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:06:58 -0500
[...]
   >I have "My Documents" redirected to the global drive Z. The latest
   >Microsoft Media Player beta refuses to put anything in My Documents/My
   >Music. I don't know what it doesn't like; it doesn't give an error
   >message but silently fails to do anything.

   We use redirected folders too.  I'm running Media Player "8.00.00.4477".  I
   choose "Save As" and save things into "My Music" just fine.  You said you
   were using a beta, so I wouldn't put much trust in it.  Most likely not AFS
   problem, but who knows.

Media Player 8 runs fine. Media Player 9 does not (running
9.00.00.2926, the latest).

Note that it _does_ correctly play from
\\%hostname-afs%\all\andrew\...\My Documents\My Music\...

but not from

Z:\andrew\...\My Documents\My Music\...

which is where my redirection is to.

somehow I'm not sanguine about it getting fixed before Media Player 9
is released.

Larry