[OpenAFS] Future of AFS? Interesting Ideas!?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
15 Dec 2002 19:02:38 -0600

I would tend to agree on the "not hard" part. Replacing ubik/pts with
ldap just seems like a bad idea to me.

Now, making it VERY easy to import/export from pts on the other hand,
that would be a good idea.

Unless of course you're talking about full multi-directional
synchronization, in which case, yeah, it gets a little more difficult -
but most places I've heard of that have "enterprise permissions + user
info" facilities in place do not care about bidirectional, they just
don't want to have to reproduce data everywhere by hand, in which case,
a simple periodic import is all that would be needed.

-- Nathan

Best thing I could suggest