[OpenAFS] AFS Networking question

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:44:25 -0500

Hi all,
I have two DMZ environments running the same AFS cell (well, trying...). =
I=20
have ports 7000-7009 open on both external firewalls.
When I try to start AFS services on my newly built AFS client, I get the=20
'Cannot mount /afs' message.
The new machine translates the actual IP of the established server. For=20
example:
My (existing) CellServDB has:
>cell name
10.10.10.10
10.10.10.20

My new CellServDB has:
>cell name
10.20.10.10
10.20.10.20

The new CellServDB IP's are translated through the firewall. In my=20
/var/log/messages file, I see the IP has been translated back:
Dec 24 10:26:08 afsb2 kernel: afs: Lost contact with file server 10.10.10=
=2E10=20
in cell <cell_name> (all multi-homed ip addresses down for the server).

I am sure the existing servers are up and running. Ideas?
All servers/clients are running RedHat 7.3 and OpenAFS 1.2.7.
Thanks
Mike