[OpenAFS] OpenAFS extremely poor performance on Solaris server

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@e.kth.se
29 Dec 2002 22:02:33 +0100

Renato Arruda <rarruda@mail.rit.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have been running two different cells, one exclusively with Intel hardware,
> and another one with Sun hardware. The sun fire v880 which is the server (all
> server processes) for the sun cell is running now openafs 1.2.8 and is
> performing at least 10x slower than the server running on rh linux8/intel
> (which is also running openafs 1.2.8)

To be honest. I would expect An SunFire v880 to be an slower fileserver
then a new intelbox, especially when there are only a few clients.

BUT, i should not be 10 times slower, something is wrong.

Are you running software-RAID on the sun ?

test "afsfsperf" from the arla-distribution against your fileserver.
Then you will see what operations are slow.

/Jimmy