[OpenAFS] Small suggestion for RH spec file?

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:04:53 -0500

--On Saturday, December 28, 2002 19:26:34 +0000 Paul Blackburn
<mpb@est.ibm.com> wrote:

> A better solution is to provide a means for us to use our own CellServDB
> file (and not stomp on it with the next RPM install).
The only ways to do that that I can think of are
1) never update the cellservdb after the first time. That wouldn't be what
most people would want.
2) double the number of openafs-client packages, and hope nobody installs
the wrong one and gets confused.

Assuming Derek is talking about the scripts I sent him (or something based
on them), then anything in the local file will override the global file.
It's not simple concatenation. AFAIK, The only things those scripts don't
do are

1) exclude cells that are in the .global file (if you really need to do
this, then you can probably just put an entry for the relevant cells in
your local file with no servers)
2) "freeze" the configuration of a cell. (e.g. if the the .global file's
entry for a cell is "correct" now, but you want the configuration of that
cell to stay the same no matter what the .global file says in the future)