[OpenAFS] PHP and AFS?

Mitch Collinsworth mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:54:27 -0500 (EST)

On 29 Dec 2002, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>     Mitch> It hasn't been posted anywhere, yet.  Never thought about
>     Mitch> doing so before now, but maybe we can.
>
> I see. Any way I can have a look on what you have (even if it "doesn't
> work as it should")? I'd like the opportunity to see if this is the road
> forward for me, or if I should write my own module. I'm lazy, so naturally
> I'd prefer not to :)

I don't think there's a problem with letting you see our code, but I'm
not at all certain it's what you're looking for.  I read your original
request to be looking for an API layer that you can call from php to
perform afs functions such as vos, pts, etc.  That's not what we have.

The project we did was essentially user-level token handling for a web
server.  This was to allow us to create web pages where our users can
authenticate via ssl and then do things like set their mail forwarding,
change their password, opt in or opt out of spam filtering, turn on or
off vacation replies and enter the reply text, etc.  There's nothing
here that provides an afs API.  We would still be invoking any needed
afs functions by calling external programs.

This was basically our reinvention of a wheel already invented by the
folks at University of Iowa.  I tried to contact them beforehand to see
if we could get their code, but they never responded to my e-mail.  :-(

-Mitch