[OpenAFS] 1.2.2a Source Install on Linux 2.4

Victor victord@paid.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:43:26 -0500

> Start the AFS servers just like it says in the documentation.

Ok, I found it. I needed to do "make dest" and that created the i388_linux24
dir, and in there, there is
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Jan 31 19:31 root.client/
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Jan 31 19:31 root.perf/
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Jan 31 19:31 root.server/

Can the same machine be a server and a client? Is /usr/vice the required
dir? I would like to keep all afs binaries and configs in one place
(/usr/afs sounds good). Can I just move these to /usr/afs/vice? However if
this is too much work, I can live with /usr/vice.

Why are server/client binaries separated from the other files that are
installed using --prefix?

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance