[OpenAFS] 1.2.2a Source Install on Linux 2.4

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
01 Feb 2002 00:57:53 -0500

"Victor" <victord@paid.com> writes:

> > Do you already have Kerberos running?
> >   If so, then you'll need to create yourself an afs key for the KeyFile
> >   If not, then you should :)    (yes, you could run KAServer, but why?)
> >
> > Start the AFS servers just like it says in the documentation.
>
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ42
>
> How do I complete that section using openafs-1.2.2a

Try /usr/afs/lib/modules/openafs?  I'm not 100% sure where the
modules get installed during a "make install" using the non-transarc-path
settings.

As I've said -- install the RPMs to get yourself familiar with
AFS.  It will save you (and us) a lot of heartache, time, effort,
and pain.

-derek