[OpenAFS] Re: can't cd to /afs

Mike Lee mike.li@bamboonetworks.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:05:10 +0800

Thank you

After the file seek over several packets

afsmodname is not in openafs-kernel-source-1.2.3-rh7.2.1.i386.rpm , but
openafs-source-1.2.3-rh7.2.1.src.rpm
however the packet openafs-source-1.2.3-rh7.2.1.src.rpm fail to be
installed.

openafs-info@openafs.org wrote:

>Mike Lee <mike.li@bamboonetworks.com> writes:
>
>>>And that's a real actual from-the-RPMs kernel?
>>>
>>not, but similar (it is from source packet)
>>

>That is not sufficient.  Why are you making this so difficult for
>yourself?  And why did you rebuild your kernel?  Rebuilding the
>kernel is __NOT__ the same as using a Red Hat kernel.

ok, but it is very common that to recompile the kernel, for example,
when you want to install Oracle.
could make it more flexible to install. I guess it will depend
distribution too much.

BTW:
why I do not install with rpm packet, because it fail during install
client packet(script error).

BTW2:
when I use the libafs built from openafs-1.2.3-src.tar.gz, It also get
the same or more.
In my opinion, recompile should not have that problem, everything is new
and design for current running system