[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:47:47 +0000

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:40:35AM +0100, Holger Brueckner wrote:
> did you exchange the network card, check cables and the switch
> configuration ... looks like a hardware problem to me.
> a memory test could also be usefull ...

There isn't any apparent problem with networking.  I can ping
either machine from the other, use tcp and udp from either machine
to the other.  How can it be a hardware problem?  Or is the
ethernet card working for other protocols, but not for AFS?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk