[OpenAFS] Permission Question

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:30:04 -0500

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:13:20PM -0600, Charles Clancy wrote:

> In the "Quick Start" guide, follow the steps in "Installing the First
> AFS Machine".
>
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ17
>
> This includes steps for creating an admin user.
>
> To create users:
> kas create username -admin admin
> pts createu username [uid]

You don't need the kas step, since that's replaced by creating users in
the Kerberos database with kadmin (as you explain later)

> You probably want the uid to match what's in /etc/passwd.
>
> > I am also looking at going to a standard kerb release. Is perm setup
> > different then? (for now I just want the test to work though) What compile
> > options need to be set for that?
>
> Creating users is different.  Instead of the kas step, you'd do a 'kadmin
> createprinc' (something like that, anyway).  There are no different
> compile options.  Just install kerberos, and then follow the documentation
> in the AFS/Kerberos Migration Kit.

I just finished the beginnings of a Kerberos/AFS install guide.  VERY
rough at the moment but I'll continue to hash it out this week.  You can
find it at the Wiki; search for KerberosAFSInstall.

--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org