[OpenAFS] Permission Question

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:13:20 -0600 (CST)

> I am using kerberos that came with afs. Where is the user setup procedure to
> add users to the system? I am a bit confused by the AFS Admin Guide: what is
> the procedure for adding users?

In the "Quick Start" guide, follow the steps in "Installing the First
AFS Machine".

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ17

This includes steps for creating an admin user.

To create users:
kas create username -admin admin
pts createu username [uid]

You probably want the uid to match what's in /etc/passwd.

> I am also looking at going to a standard kerb release. Is perm setup
> different then? (for now I just want the test to work though) What compile
> options need to be set for that?

Creating users is different.  Instead of the kas step, you'd do a 'kadmin
createprinc' (something like that, anyway).  There are no different
compile options.  Just install kerberos, and then follow the documentation
in the AFS/Kerberos Migration Kit.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy