[OpenAFS] Problem with Redhat 7.2 and openafs 1.2.3

Zhi-Wei Lu zwluxx@chopin.cipic.ucdavis.edu
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:54:52 -0800

Derek,

> > (1) Right after the upgrade, it will fail to use the cache properly.
> > in /var/vice/cache (which is on a ext2 partition), and /afs will not mount.
> > Reboot the machine will also fail and I have to push the reset button.
>
> I've never noticed this before.  Are there any log messages?

It basically try to convert the old cache file to
/var/vice/cache to /var/vice/cache/Dxx, it fails to created files there,
maybe it runs out of inodes?

> > (2) After remove the /var/vice/cache contents, it will initialize the cache
> > and /afs mounted okay.  However, if I try to copy a large number of files
> > to the afs space, afs will failed to worked properly, even though /afs is
> > still mounted.
>
> I've never heard of this before, either.  Did you use the prebuilt
> RPMS or did you compile AFS on your own?
I have used RPM kernel module and
I rebuilt the kernel module on my machine which turns out to be the same as the
prebuilt libafs-2.4.9-21-i386.o

> > (3) If I try to manually load the module
> > /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.9-13-i686.o
> > I will get a whole lot of "unresolved symbol" messages and the following
> > message:libafs-2.4.9-13-i686.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols
>
> Well, right -- you can't use libafs-2.4.9-13 on kernel 2.4.9-21.
> It's not at all surprising that this fails for you.\
I meant 2.4.9-21.
I am having the same problem with 2.4.9-21:
libafs-2.4.9-21-i686.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols

--
Zhi-Wei Lu
CIPIC (Center for Image Processing and Integrated Computing)