[OpenAFS] Problem with Redhat 7.2 and openafs 1.2.3

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
05 Feb 2002 20:18:15 -0500

Zhi-Wei Lu <zwluxx@chopin.cipic.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Derek,
>
> > I've never noticed this before.  Are there any log messages?
> >
> It basically try to convert the old cache file to
> /var/vice/cache to /var/vice/cache/Dxx, it fails to created files there,
> maybe it runs out of inodes?

How large is your cache?  I tested this conversion a number of times
and it seemed to work in most all cases.  This is the first time I've
heard of a complaint before this.  Can you try running afsd with the
-debug and -verbose option and see what output it gives you?

OTOH, if you have a lot of cache files it might still take a while to
move them all.  I admit I never tried it on a VERY large cache.  Then
again, very large caches were hard to build anyways.

> I am having the same problem with 2.4.9-21:
> libafs-2.4.9-21-i686.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols

As I said in my previous message, you can safely ignore this message.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com