[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:44:31 -0600 (CST)

> > > Would this possibly fix the problem of multiple AFS clients behind a NAT
> > > gateway?
> >
> > No.  You can already have multiple AFS clients behind a NAT -- you
> > just need to set the NAT UDP timeouts to be fairly large.
>
> I tried upping the UDP timeouts on the Win2K NAT routing from 60 seconds
> to an hour.  I can get 1 client working fine.  However, when a second
> client on a second machine tries to connect, things stop working.

Perhaps a more appropriate question:

Does the patch for client IP address changes also allow for client UDP
port changes?  If so, then the client should continue to work (perhaps not
optimally) without UDP timeout increased.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy