[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
05 Feb 2002 22:48:04 -0500

Charles Clancy <security@xauth.net> writes:

> Perhaps a more appropriate question:
>
> Does the patch for client IP address changes also allow for client UDP
> port changes?  If so, then the client should continue to work (perhaps not
> optimally) without UDP timeout increased.

It _should_, but it might not.

I'd have to go back and take a look.  When I was actually coding the
patch I wasn't ever changing ports, just changning IP Addrs, so I
didn't check that the patch would fix a port-changing client.

-derek