[OpenAFS] problem creating volumes

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:14:25 -0500

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:58:24PM -0500, Knape, Dean wrote:
> I tried that and it didn't seem to help.  Must the user be member of the
> system:administrators group?  I would like to allow a standard user to
> create volumes.

You might have to re-acquire a token after you add the user to the
system:administrators group, but if that doesn't help, then I'm not sure
whats going on off hand.

You *definately* don't want to but "normal" users in the UserList file!
Users in that file will be able to run arbitrary commands on the file
servers as root.

I don't believe that there is a finer-grained mechanism to allow normal
users to create volumes... what exactly are you trying to create in your
setup?  Perhaps theres some other way to accomplish what you're seeking?

Enjoy
--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org