[OpenAFS] problem creating volumes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:12:34 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jason Garman wrote:

> I don't believe that there is a finer-grained mechanism to allow normal
> users to create volumes... what exactly are you trying to create in your
> setup?  Perhaps theres some other way to accomplish what you're seeking?

Various proxy services (adm is one such service, but not the only, and I'm
sure by mentioning it I've ensured all the scheme haters will denigrate
it, and all the other proxy services will be mentioned, which isn't
necessarily a bad thing, but it's probably more useful to put them in the
wiki) exist to do this sort of thing; The Arla hackathon also resulted in
some discussion about a delegation service which might be built in, but no
useful effort in that direction has as yet happened.

-D