[OpenAFS] OpenAFS logon token problem...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:07:38 -0500

Hi,

As you have stated, my problem was that I need to be able to set the user's
logon token with AFS_SETTOK_LOGON because I'm running aklog.exe from within
the NPLogonNotify() routine of "afslogon.c".  I grovel'ed through the code
of ka_UserAuthenticateGeneral2() and found that the aclient.smbname was
being set, either to a random string (in the case of high security SMB
option), or the user's name.  You were correct in your assesment of my problem.

I have since fixed the problem by simply adding a single line of code to my
aklog source that will set the aclient.smbname before the ktc_SetToken()
call.  This prevents the KTC_INVAL error.  It is somewhat interesting to me
that the ktc_SetToken() call accepts the new value aclient.smbname as a
zero terminated string.

Thanks for your help.

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
PC Systems Programmer
College of Engineering Computing Services
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352