[OpenAFS] XP logoff profile save problem...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:56:12 -0500

Hello,

I'm having a problem with OpenAFS v1.2.3 Windows client on XP.  Our user
profiles are stored in AFS filespace.  When the users logoff, Windows XP is
unable to save the profiles back to AFS.  This was working with Transarc's
version of AFS.  The error windows returns (rather vague) is...

"DETAIL - The specified server cannot perform the requested operation."

At first, I expected to see that the problem was due to OpenAFS not
supporting Transarc's method LogoffTokenTransferTimeout in "afsd_init.c",
and that the token was disappearing too soon.  But, this appears not to be
the case since OpenAFS's version of "afsd_init.c" also contains the code.

User logon works fine, afsd is able to download the user's profile, but
saving it back seems not to work.  The default value of 10 seconds for
LogoffTokenTransferTimeout should work just fine.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Anybody know what the problem may be?

BTW, I'm using the binary version of OpenAFS right off the site (no
modifications made).

Thanks,

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
PC Systems Programmer
College of Engineering Computing Services
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352