[OpenAFS] Can't start {ka,vl,bu}server from bos

Kim Kimball Kim Kimball" <kim@ccre.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:31:03 -0700

Right.  For example, if the "/usr/afs/local/NoAuth" file exists, putting us
in NoAuth mode,  the "-noauth" switch still means "ignore any tokens I might
have"

What's odd, in my mind, about NoAuth mode is this:  tokens that the user
DOES have ARE used even in NoAuth mode -- so if I've got non-admin tokens,
commands fail even in NoAuth mode.

The -noauth switch tells the xyzserver to ignore any tokens, ensuring that
the NoAuth mode works as expected, even in the face of user tokens.

Since this is an install (which I hadn't noticed), there aren't any tokens
to be had, presumably.

I doubt this helps with the install, unfortunately.

Kim