[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:01:24 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <derek@ihtfp.com>
To: "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com>
Cc: "openafs" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

> "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com> writes:
>
> > > Did you move your data volumes to the Linux box?
> > > Did you start all the database services on the Linux box?
> >
> > How does one do this? I thought the bosserver processes replicated
these...

> Nope.  You still need to manually "bos create" all your server
> processes, and you still need to "vos move" all your data volumes.
> Did you do this?

I created a BosConfig file for the server to read at boot time, which
included all server processes. I have not moved the volumes.

> > > In what way can you not "get AFS to start on any of the three
> > > machines"?  Keep in mind that servers and clients are orthogonal.
> > > Concentrate on moving your (single) server before you worry about your
> > > clients.
> >
> > When I try and access /afs, I get 'Permission denied'.
>
> Do you have tokens?  Did afsd start and mount /afs normally?
> What does "vos exam root.afs" give you?

afsd did start normally (mounted as well). I can see the /afs partition from
the output of df -k.
On the existing fileserver:
# ./vos examine root.afs
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
VLDB: no such entry
#

# ./vos listvol servertest
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
Total number of volumes on server 10.20.10.152 partition /vicepa: 4
root.afs                          536870924 RW          4 K On-line
root.afs.readonly                 536870925 RO          4 K On-line
root.cell                         536870927 RW         93 K On-line
root.cell.readonly                536870928 RO         93 K On-line