[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:03:56 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <derek@ihtfp.com>
To: "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com>
Cc: "openafs" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

> "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com> writes:
>
> > > Um -- this appears to be a problem; there is no sync-site.
>
> > I'm not famaliar with the sync-site.
>
> The sync-site is when the servers all talk to each other and agree on
> which of them is the "master" (sync) site.  This is how Ubik prevents
> conflicting db changes by requiring all changes to be administered by
> the sync site.
I'll need to look into this...
> > > Um, what about the KeyFile?
>
> > The KeyFile is not a generated file?
>
> Um, in a word... NO!   It is generated, somewhat, at the beginning,
> but to add a server to your cell you have to copy the KeyFile.
>
> Did you even read the IBM/Transarc AFS documentation?  In particular
> the section on "How to add a server to your cell"?
Yes, repeatedly. When I try to add bos create commands, I get You are
unauthorized...
I use the command klog admin
passwd: <enter the password created for admin on the first server machine>
Unable to authenticate to AFS because user doesn't exist.!?
I try on my server machine (Sun box) and get the same error! I created the
account 'admin' when the machine was first installed. Admin does exist in
the 'UserList'.