[OpenAFS] Windows command line

Knape, Dean Dean.M.Knape@NJIT.EDU
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:56:14 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: James Labarre [mailto:labarre@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 4:33 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] Windows command line

I was trying to find if there were command line tools for mapping AFS
directories to drive letters.  I am running OpenAFS on a Windows 2000
laptop, and therfore sometimes it is not attached to the network.  I
already have the AFS service set to load in a batch file (my AFS name is
not the same as my Windows name, so integrated login would fail).  In
Windows usually you can do a "net use U: \\server\share", but the one that
showed up when I was offline (\\<machinename>-AFS\home) doesn't work.  I

>To map a drive to an afs location via the command line:
>	- first, create a submount in "Control Panel" -> "AFS Client
Configuration" ->
>		"Drive Letters" -> "Advanced"
>	- next, go to a cmd prmpt and "net use X:
\\<machine-namd>-afs\<submount>
>		/pers:yes|no"
> This step adds the submount definition to %systemroot%\afsdsbmt.ini

would also like to keep from having the "AFS Credentials" launcher in the
StartUp folder, as that fails *every* time (since I cannot do integrated
login).  I couldn't find anything in a web search or skimming through the
documentation.

>	- "Control Canel" -> "AFS Client Configuration" -> "General"
		clear check box "Show the AFS client icon in the taskbar"

BTW: a suggestion on the maillist archves;  is there a way to make them
searchable across *all* months at once?  It's too awkward to have to open
each month seperately and then do a search on each one.