[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Craig_Everhart@transarc.com Craig_Everhart@transarc.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:22:45 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from mail: 19-Feb-02 Re: [OpenAFS] Moving AFS se.. Derek
Atkins@ihtfp.com (1486*)

> > symlink("/usr/afs/etc/ThisCell", "/usr/vice/etc/ThisCell") = -1 EEXIST (File
> > exists)
> > symlink("/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB", "/usr/vice/etc/CellServDB") = -1 EEXIST
> > (File exists)

> This is your (immediate) problem -- you don't have ThisCell and
> CellServDB configured for the _SERVER_.

I thought that this strace information indicated that the "symlink" call
fails because both files in fact do exist.

The unhelpful thing about this strace output is that the bosserver
daemon does this stuff in the base process, then forks and the parent
exits.  The interesting stuff happens in the child, and this strace
output doesn't include that.  There's a Solaris "truss" option to report
syscalls in the children too, and I don't know if there's an analogous
option for Linux strace.

		Craig